Re: st: tabout program and top.tex

From   Ian Watson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: tabout program and top.tex
Date   Thu, 25 Jan 2007 15:51:33 -0800

MA

The top.tex file is one you have to create for yourself (as you observe,
there is an example on p.25 of the tutorial) and you have to place it
where -tabout- can find it.

If it's in the current working directory, then the topf option can be
simply specified as topf(top.tex) otherwise you will need to include the
path eg. topf(d:\data\top.tex). The usual Stata conventions for paths
apply (eg. use " " around paths with spaces, use \ only for Windows, not
Unix etc).

Keep in mind that you can have multiple topf files, each with different
names and different contents, and they can all be located in a
convenient upper-level directory common to all your projects. Then, if
you specify the path to these files in the topf option, they can be used
for any specific project. This is often more convenient than having them
in the current working directory.

Finally, these comments also apply to botf option.

Cheers
Ian