Re: st: weighted least squares with time dummy variables, Clive Nicholas

From   "Dohan Kim" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: weighted least squares with time dummy variables, Clive Nicholas
Date   Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:00:10 -0500

Dear Prof.Nicholas,

I appreciate your comments.

I understand why coefficients of dummy variables change as I change
the reference group.  But, should slope coefficient (continuous
variable) be consistent regardless of which reference group I include?
For example, if I run the following two models(1) and(2), (w1fer and
w1awer are continuous variables and w1pydu1-w1pydu6 are dummy
variables. All are multiplied by weights), should w1awer show
consistent coefficient?  Otherwise, which output should I report as my
result?

(1) reg w1fer w1awer w1pydu1-w1pydu5
(2) reg w1fer w1awer w1pydu2-w1pydu6

I attached the regression outputs as text.

I really appreciate your advice.