st: AW: RE: Panel re vs. fe model

From   "Thomas Erdmann" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: AW: RE: Panel re vs. fe model
Date   Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:28:09 +0100

Mark,

Thanks for the fast reply. As you point out my goal is to decide whether the
fixed or random effects model is appropriate.

As the model indicates that both firm and time effects are present I use
-xtreg, cluster()- (i.e. -cluster(id)- for the firm effect) with addtitional
time dummies. In this context I encountered the discussion about the
appropriateness of the Hausman test.

That said, just to rephrase: implementing an artifical regression as below
gives me a more robust Hausman test that works in the described setting?

I was just wondering if I get too complicated or overlook something, because
an official Stata command seems to be missing (other than -xttest0- for
random effects) and I assume that the setting described is not so uncommon?

- Tom

-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----