st: probable error stset

From   "Lucy Shum" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: probable error stset
Date   Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:07:42 +1100

Hi,

I'm tackling a probable error issue which I have partially solved.
Issue is that Stata views certain variables as identical over the same
patient, with multiple events recorded. Anybody knows of a command to "turn
off" the detection of such events?

I attach here one of the -stset- output.

stset dim, id(id) failure(censor) exit(time .)

                id:  id
     failure event:  censor != 0 & censor < .
obs. time interval:  (dim[_n-1], dim]
 exit on or before:  time .

     7033  total obs.
       26  multiple records at same instant                   PROBABLE ERROR
           (dim[_n-1]==dim)
     7007  obs. remaining, representing
     4226  subjects
     1982  failures in multiple failure-per-subject data
  1222502  total analysis time at risk, at risk from t =         0
                             earliest observed entry t =         0
                                  last observed exit t =       785

Cheers

Lucy Shum