Re: st: Fligner-Killeen

From   Rupert Ward <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Fligner-Killeen
Date   Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:15:48 +0000

Thanks for your response,

As it happens I had made no assumptions except that listing
all the things I had previously done in my search for the
answer to my question would introduce unnecessary clutter
to the list. But I should have made it clear that I was
hoping to find someone with first-hand knowledge rather than
looking for someone to do a basic preliminary search for me.
I'm sorry to have wasted so much of your time.

Let me rephrase.

Does anyone on this list know of an implementation in
stata of Fligner-Killeen's nonparametric test for differences
in variation? (see refs below)

I have Stata 6 and have done the obvious searches to
no avail. It occured to me that someone else on this
list might have been through the same thing and be able
to assist.

refs
1. Steven M. Donnelly and Andrew Kramer. 1999. "Testing
   for multiple species in fossil samples: An evaluation
   and comparison of tests for equal relative variation."
   American Journal of Physical Anthropology. 108: 507-529.
2. Fligner and Killeen ([1976] J. Am. Stat. Assoc. 71:210-213

regards,

Rupert Ward
---
Applied Clinical Anatomy, KCL

Maarten buis wrote:
--- Rupert Ward <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello, can anyone tell me if anyone has implemented
Fligner-Killeen's nonparametric comparison of variances
test in stata?
from the Statalist FAQ:
"Please do not assume that the literature familiar to you is familiar
to all members of Statalist. Do not refer to publications with just
minimal details (e.g., author and date). Questions of the form "Has
anyone implemented the heteroscedasticity under a full moon test of
Sue, Grabbit, and Runne (1989)?" admittedly divide the world. Anyone
who has not heard of the said test would not be helped by the full
reference to answer the question, but they might well appreciate the
full reference."

Moreover you can answer questions like that yourself by typing in
stata:
findit Fligner-Killeen
findit Fligner Killeen
findit Fligner
findit Killeen

none of these produce the hoped for hit, so the answer would appear to
be "no".

Hope this helps,
Maarten