st: RE: bland altman

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: bland altman
Date   Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:44:40 -0600

I recently had some similar questions, maybe more related to methods comparison studies, and how to do them well.

In addition to Nick's very useful program _concord_, which does Bland- Altman analysis (but leaves out some confidence intervals), there is a kind of orthogonal regression available by one of Stata's employees:

findit deming

will findit for you.

Note the data set used in the '86 Bland and Altman paper is available by Stata, e.g.,

use http://www.stata-press.com/data/mlmus/pefr.dta, clear
concord wp1 wm1, loa

You might find this terse review useful:

http://www.biopharminternational.com/biopharm/data/articlestandard/ biopharm/032002/7276/article.pdf

If you found the analysis in the 1986 B & A paper interesting, that same data <http://www.stata-press.com/data/mlmus/pefr.dta> can be analyzed by a three level random effects model. The analysis is presented on pages 215-229 of Rabe-Hesketh and Skrondal, "Multilevel and longitudinal modeling using Stata", <http://www.stata.com/ bookstore/mlmus.html>.

A book I borrowed, "Statisical Evaluation of Measurement Errors: Design and Analysis of Reliability Studies", 2004, by Graham Dunn, also goes into detail about and promotes measurement error models, including more advanced treatments by latent variable models on replicated data with greater than two methods, using GLLAMM and Mplus. The author is a Stata user, apparently.

-Dave

In addition,

search concord
findit pairplot

Scott Merryman

> -findit bland- points to several resources.

Decebal Gabriel Latcu