RE: st: RE: to stata expert!

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: to stata expert!
Date   Fri, 12 Jan 2007 16:27:09 -0000

This thread is (now) mostly joking, but for once let
me give a serious answer.

Absolutely not. We have had postings in other
languages and that seems fine to me. As a matter
of practice people appreciate that it is most
likely that an answer will be forthcoming if the
question is posted in English, but in principle
there is absolutely no need to ban other languages and
indeed every reason to be very happy if other
languages appear occasionally, as they do.

We need plenty of little rules, but not that one.

Of course, if the 1% of users who understand
Elvish or Klingon were to start posting 99% of the postings
in Elvish or Klingon, we would need to re-consider our policy,
but we need not worry about non-existent problems.

Richard Williams