RE: st: cloglog or logit

Subject   RE: st: cloglog or logit
Date   Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:13:36 -0500

At 12:49 PM 1/11/2007, Kallimanis, Bellinda wrote:

When I asked about -relogit- being last updated in 1999 I simply was
wondering whether stata had developed something of it's own since then
for analyzing rare events.
Older programs often lack support for newer Stata bells and whistles, e.g. svy support. They may be very difficult to write post-estimation commands for because they don't save the necessary information or do so in a now non-standard way. But, they can still be great for the statistical task they were designed for. Just remember that most user-written routines have not gone through anywhere near the level of testing that official Stata programs have. It is always nice if you have some means to verify the accuracy of a user-written program, e.g. you can replicate published results or you can produce identical results using another statistical program. (I was very impressed when the first program I sent to ssc was available within an hour; but it also made me realize there was no extensive testing period to make sure I had gotten it right!)

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]