Re: st: too long string-variable to get proper output

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: too long string-variable to get proper output
Date   Thu, 11 Jan 2007 16:34:26 +0000

There is no indication where of what command(s) you used.
You might be able to convert your tabulation problem to
a -list- problem.

Marian Bohl

I tried to generate a cross-table by using a stringvariable as
rowvariable (names of spanish political parties) with up to 50 signs
(%50s), and the years of the elections of spanish congress as
columnvariable (%4.0g). I always got the %50s-variable truncated to 20
signs in the output, so I couldn't transfer the table properly to an
excel-sheet and finally had to use SPSS to manage it. is there a
possibility to enlarge the first column for getting the whole 50 signs
in?