st: test for significant change of a serier

From   Xiaoheng Zhang <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: test for significant change of a serier
Date   Wed, 10 Jan 2007 16:09:52 +0000

Dear all,

I have a serier of index for 10 years.It is a Herfindahl index of concentration
and I would like to test if the change of this index over time is significant.
I am not sure how to translate this real problem into a statistics problem.Since
it looks like a decreasing trend,I used linear regression of index on year and
found the slope is statistically different from 0.But I am worrying about sample
size......

The indices are
year      index
1993      0.149552855