Re: st: Stata Wiki

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata Wiki
Date   Sat, 6 Jan 2007 20:43:40 -0600

On 1/6/07, Michael Mitchell <[email protected]> wrote:
While I applaud the
idea of moving forward on creating a Stata Wiki, at the same time I
think it would be very useful to create a kind of "mission statement"
for the Stata Wiki and create a conceptual model for the Wiki that
provides the proper hooks or nooks for the kind of information that
will be stored there. For example, the SPSS Wiki has a clear
conceptual model, it is organized according to SPSS Procedures.
However, while the conceptual model is exceedingly clear, I think that
it was very UNinviting because after a year it is still 99% empty.
It is also a matter of having the right number of geeks who are not
only proficient in Stata, but also wiki-literate enough to (keep)
contribute(ing) stuff to it. I am pretty sure there will be some five
to start with, but I don't think it will be measured in dozens. I
personally cannot bring myself to work on a few pages on Wikipedia.org
that I am interested in (and capable of) developing.

--
Stas Kolenikov
http://stas.kolenikov.name