Re: st: "fitstat" results when using weights

From   "Clive Nicholas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: "fitstat" results when using weights
Date   Thu, 4 Jan 2007 11:25:46 -0000 (GMT)

Ryan Wells wrote:

> I am running a logistic regression in stata, but the dataset requires me
> to use weights and to account for complex survey design (which I do with
> the command "svy" and its associated arguments...)
>
> I normally get the R2, -2LL, etc with the command "fitstat", but when
> weights and/or the "svy" command is used, fitstat does not provide
> details.  Is there another command that could be used, a workaround, or
> some way to both use weights and have the ease of getting statistics for
> goodness of fit??

Whoops! It's just occurred to me that I've advised you incorrectly:
-multgof- is suitable for _multinomial_ distributions only, and you're
fitting a logistic regression model.

A better alternative is -svylogitgof- by Kellie Archer and Stanley
Lemeshow, which was detailed in Stata Journal 6(1), pp97-105.
Unsurprisingly given one of the authors, this fits the Hosmer-Lemeshow GOF
test. Indeed, this seems very appropriate to your question as you
explicitly say you use -svy: logit- a lot (I've not tried it, though).

You can access it by typing:

. net sj 6-1 st0099

I hope that helps.

CLIVE NICHOLAS        |t: 0(044)7903 397793
Politics              |e: [email protected]
Newcastle University  |http://www.ncl.ac.uk/geps

Whereever you go and whatever you do, just remember this. No matter how
many like you, admire you, love you or adore you, the number of people
turning up to your funeral will be largely determined by local weather
conditions.