Re: st: A wish list for Statalist

From   Phil Schumm <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: A wish list for Statalist
Date   Tue, 2 Jan 2007 23:38:43 -0600

On Jan 2, 2007, at 11:24 PM, Phil Schumm wrote:
On Jan 2, 2007, at 7:13 PM, roy wada wrote:
Here is my personal wish list for Statlist.

1. Make HTML as the default

With free online accounts, most people should be able to access HTML. We really should move on and make do without the HTML gibberish and the many reminders not to use it.

I'm sorry, but I must respectfully disagree with each of your points. WRT HTML, there are (at least) three reasons for continuing not to use it:

One more point I neglected to mention: HTML-formatted email may be more likely to be marked as spam by spam filters, especially as ISPs and universities get more aggressive in their spam filtering.

-- Phil

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/