st: Comparing means and medians

From   Claude Francoeur <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Comparing means and medians
Date   Tue, 26 Dec 2006 17:07:39 -0500

Hello,

My reg goes like this:

. xtprobit pw boardcomp compensation shrights disclosure tech mv endet cot
volat march conc, pa i(i)

I would like to make a test of equality (compare means and medians for
continuous variables) for the above variables for two sub samples (pw = 0
and pw = 1)

I would like to generate the mean (t test) and median tests (Mann-Whitney,
Wilcoxon) to verify if the groups are significantly different.

I also need to make chi-squared tests for the dichotomic variables.

I am new to Stata. I used to do these tests in SPSS and Eviews. Can you help
me make the transition?

Thanks very much,

Claude