Re: st: adoupdate questions

From   "Michael S. Hanson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: adoupdate questions
Date   Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:58:15 -0500

On Dec 7, 2006, at 8:19 AM, Kit Baum wrote:

Michael has some adoupdate questions (and Bill has some advice) regarding

[22] dpredict at http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/d:
installed package is up to date

[23] dpredict at http://repec.org/bocode/d:
installed package is up to date

Those two URLs refer to the same physical directory, as Bill surmised they might. So to Bill's point, if the package is updated "on SSC", it will show up as updated in both of these places. I'm not sure where the "repec.org" URL came from in this case as generally all SSC URLs, as Bill says, make use of the /repec/bocode/ URL. But in any case there is only one copy of the dpredict.ado to be found at 136.167.77.223.
Just for the record, I recently noticed a similar repetition on my laptop after -adoupdate-:

[26] xtabond2 at http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/x:
package has been updated on server

[28] xtabond2 at http://repec.org/bocode/x:
package has been updated on server

Following Bill's suggestions and Kit's discussion, I used -ado uninstall- to remove the second instance of -xtabond2-. Odd.

-- Mike

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/