Re: st: help variables and merge

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: help variables and merge
Date   Sat, 16 Dec 2006 17:08:13 +0000 (GMT)

--- [email protected] wrote:
> I have this data
> hid    country   wave
> 1101     1        1
> 1102       1       1
>
> and this data
>
> hid     pid       country     wave
> 1101     11011         1       1
> 1101     11012         1        1
> and so, now I want merge the dataset using hid country, but I have a
> problem of replication of de data...How resolve it?

It's still not exactly clear what your problem is, but here goes: Let's
say that the first dataset contains a variable like household income
that each person within in a household and wave has in common. So each
person within the household and wave should get the same value of
household income. If you merge using hid country and wave then each
person in the same household, country, wave will get the same values
household income.

hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis