Re: st: Having troubles with Comments on a line

Subject   Re: st: Having troubles with Comments on a line
Date   Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:05:00 -0500

T. Brundage--

The help and the manuals are quite explicit: -h comments- says

There are several ways of adding comments in do-files and programs (ado-files).
       1.  begin the line with *
       2.  place the comment between /* and */ delimiters
       3.  begin the comment with //
       4.  begin the comment with ///
Note that the comment indicator * may only be used at the beginning of
a line, but it does have the advantage that it can be used
interactively.  * indicates that the line is to be ignored.   The *
comment indicator may not be used within mata.