Re: Re: st: label graphs

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: label graphs
Date   Mon, 11 Dec 2006 12:37:04 +0000

In addition to Clive's points, note that Stata's terminology
may differ from that used by other software:

Axis labels are in

Stata: individual numbers (more generally text) at specific points
(usually tick marks) along axes

some other programs: what Stata knows as axis titles.

No point in arguing who's right or wrong, but it's best to follow
Stata terminology on Statalist.

Also, what Clive says about the position of -subtitle()- is just the default; it can be moved.

Clive Nicholas replied to Lucy Shum

> Further, when I generate twoway histgrams, how should I go about labeling
> each of the graphs? Subtitle(" ... ") subtitle(" ... ") ??

I'm not clear about this, but if you mean the _axes_ of the -twoway hist-
graph, they will automatically be labelled if the variables are already.
Subtitling any graph using -subtitle()- means a fitting a legend that
appears immediately below the main -title()- of the graph, which appears
above the graphic. Is this what you mean?
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/