RE: st: Socio-economic multi-variable analysis

From   "Todd Swarthout" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Socio-economic multi-variable analysis
Date   Sun, 10 Dec 2006 11:05:10 +0100

In fact they are named b48a-b48k. That aside, your suggestion worked perfectly and was beautiful in its simplicity.

Thank you

Todd

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] De la part de Michael Blasnik
Envoy� : vendredi 8 d�cembre 2006 16:46
� : [email protected]
Objet : Re: st: Socio-economic multi-variable analysis

I assume that you variables are named q48a-q48k since you can not start a variable name with a number in Stata (aside--why do people seem to misquote their own data so often on Statalist??).  Anyway, this should do what you want and create one long list with lines dividing it by number of yes answers.

egen numyes=rsum(q48q-q48k)
sort numyes
l idno numyes , sepby(numyes)

M Blasnik