RE: st: Generalised interval regression

From   "Mentzakis, Emmanouil" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Generalised interval regression
Date   Mon, 4 Dec 2006 18:24:02 -0000

Thank you very much for all the comments and suggestions.

I haven't come across any literature talking about "Generalised interval
regression". I just used that term because I needed to highlight the
similarity in what I needed to the generalised ordered probit and logit
models, I am sorry if I created any confusion.

I have already used the -intreg- and I have tried some of the
suggestions, including taking the logs of the intervals.

The use of logs in the intervals imply a change in the effect of the
explanatory variables when changing intervals. However, initially I
thought that I should ask in the statalist if anybody has attempetd
something like that before, because I know the originality of the people
in the list.

Since it is not an easy idea to implement and I know I am not able to
program or develop it, I think I ll leave it for the moment and stick
with -intreg- and goprobit.

Thank you
Manos