RE: st: RE: problem with describe and r(varlist)

From   "Scott Merryman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: problem with describe and r(varlist)
Date   Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:06:30 -0600

I suspect your linesize is set too small to display the entire length.  The
macro still contains the entire list just the display is truncated.

For example:

. sysuse auto,clear
(1978 Automobile Data)

.  ds
make          mpg           headroom      weight        turn
gear_ratio
price         rep78         trunk         length        displacement
foreign

. set linesize 109

. ret list

macros:
           r(varlist) : "make price mpg rep78 headroom trunk weight length
turn displacement gear_ratio f.."

. local a "`r(varlist)'"

. foreach l of local a  {
  2. disp "`l'"
  3. }
make
price
mpg
rep78
headroom
trunk
weight
length
turn
displacement
gear_ratio
foreign

. set linesize 152

. ret list

macros:
           r(varlist) : "make price mpg rep78 headroom trunk weight length
turn displacement gear_ratio foreign"

Scott