st: RE: FW: Getting F stats for xtivreg

Subject   st: RE: FW: Getting F stats for xtivreg
Date   Tue, 21 Nov 2006 22:12:06 -0000

Josh,

I'm working on a new version of xtivreg2 that will do random effects models and other things as well, but in the meantime there's an alternative, namely the new command -xtoverid- (available from ssc-ideas in the usual way).

The way -xtoverid- works internally is by reestimating, via a call to -ivreg2-, whatever -xtivreg- or -xthausman- equation was just estimated.

The -xtoverid- command has an undocumented -noisily- (or just -noi-) option.  This tells -xtoverid- to display the internal -ivreg2- reestimation results.  For the purposes of the -noi- option, the call to -ivreg2- includes the -ffirst- option, so you will see the usual array of first-stage/weak/underidentification stats (but not the first stage regressions themselves).

There is a small problem, which is that the internal reestimation uses temporary variable names.  Thus the first-stage stats will be for variables with names like __00000P.  These map 1-for-1 to the original variables, however, and there's a good chance you should be able to work out what they are.

So... after your -xtivreg- estimation,

xtoverid, noi

should tell you what you want to know.

Hope this helps.