st: Nonlinear Tobit

From   "Jan Heufer" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Nonlinear Tobit
Date   Wed, 15 Nov 2006 04:08:43 +0100

Hi,

how can I estimate a nonlinear model, when the dependent variable is left- =
and right-censored?

Specifically, I would like to estimate

y =3D A/(A+p^r),

where p is the independent variable, A and r are parameters to be estimated=
, and y is censored at 0 and 1.

I am aware that it is not a problem to estimate the model with NLS, ignorin=
g the censoring. But I'd be really thankful if I could get help on how to u=
se tobit for the model.

Cheers!
--=20
Ideal f=FCr Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer