st: RE: Stata 8 and 9

From   "Scott Merryman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Stata 8 and 9
Date   Tue, 7 Nov 2006 18:35:56 -0600

The integration method has changed.  From -help whatsnew8to9- :

"    2.  New features have been added to the maximum-likelihood estimators
that do not have closed-form solutions and require numeric evaluation of the
likelihood.  These estimators include xtlogit, xtprobit, xtpoisson,
xtcloglog, xtintreg, and xttobit.

         a.  The likelihood may now be approximated using adaptive
Gauss-Hermite quadrature (the new default) or nonadaptive quadrature (the
previous default).  Adaptive quadrature substantially increases the accuracy
of the approximation, particularly on difficult problems such as data with
large panel sizes or data with a large variance for the random effects."

Scott