st: RE: Detecting serial correlation in panel dataset with a binary dependent variable

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Detecting serial correlation in panel dataset with a binary dependent variable
Date   Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:42:38 -0000

Binary or not, autocorrelations are still defined.
I would expect the standard graphs still to make much
sense, but P-values to make less sense, although my
recollection is that the standard errors of autocorrelations
are not that sensitive to the marginal distribution of the
process. A plot of the response against
lagged response will just be four blobs unless you -jitter()-.
But a 2 X 2 table might then be a good summary.

Johan Hellstr�m