Re: st: dynamic report generation

From   Ronnie Babigumira <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: dynamic report generation
Date   Sat, 28 Oct 2006 23:20:41 +0200

Jason,
Have you taken a look at this http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/latex/default.htm. It has some useful stuff on Stata and LaTeX.

My approach (which is directly from the ats site above) has been to copy and paste the contents of the sjlog into an stlog "environment" in the LaTeX source file. This is not dynamic since any changes in the sjlog resulting from changes in analysis I have to make in the LaTeX source file (thinking of it, may be I dont need the copy and paste but should just insert the sjlog in the place where I want the Stata output).

This is quite different from Sweave which has a single source file contains both documentation text and S/R code

Anyhow, the pdf you you posted is exciting (its the first time I have seen it) and I would be interested in anything you learn in relation to it.

Ronnie

Jason Thompson wrote:

is anyone using Stata for automatic document
generation, ala Sweave with R/S? i have
discovered a presentation on reproducible
research here, http://repec.org/nasug2005/Schumm_NASUG-presentation.pdf,
but the command -stata2doc- does not seem to
be available online. i have an email in to the
primary author but thought i'd also ask around.