st: outsheet or outfile display

From   Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: outsheet or outfile display
Date   Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:59:03 -0700

-list- has a nifty option, -sepby()-, that allows me to list data separated with lines between a variable, in this case a date:

.list ini dxage sex race datetx, noobs sepby(datetx)
VJ 68 male asian November, 1993
HM 59 male white December, 1993
IT 47 male white December, 1993
MO 76 male white December, 1993
WC 74 male white December, 1993
AW 61 male white January, 1994

From reading the help files, I don't see that there is a way to do this using outsheet or outfile. Is it possible to output such a table to a file that can be read by Microsoft Excel or Word?

Best wishes,
Michael McCulloch

____________________________________

Michael McCulloch
Pine Street Foundation
124 Pine Street, San Anselmo, CA 94960-2674
tel 415.407.1357
fax 415.485.1065
email: [email protected]
web: www.pinestreetfoundation.org