Re: st: NBREG for ordinal scales

From   "Matthew C. Johnson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: NBREG for ordinal scales
Date   Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:18:50 -0500 (CDT)

"It is not inconceivable to me that a case could be made for a
count model, but it seems like you ought to be able (or forced) to
justify it rather than just do it!"

That is one of my primary problems. I see a number of articles using count
models for outcome variables such as those presented earlier, but no
justification was provided for doing so other than the fact that the DV
has a Poisson or negative binomial distribution. I assume that they should
provide justification for using these techniques, but does the
justification exist?