Re: st: RE: r2 in -streg-/-stcox-

From   Nishant Dass <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: r2 in -streg-/-stcox-
Date   Fri, 6 Oct 2006 04:13:27 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Nick,

Thanks for your comments.  I understand your point about
the fascination with a single goodness-of-fit measure but I
was simply puzzled by why Stata reports the Pseudo R-sq in
one case and not the other (i.e., -streg- and -stcox-), and
likewise for the p-value of Wald chi-2.

But nonetheless, it's interesting to read your comments;
since I am not an expert in econometrics (or should I say
statistics?), I find none of these discussions useless.

Nishant