st: how can I give weight to observations?

From   Xiaoheng Zhang <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: how can I give weight to observations?
Date   Thu, 5 Oct 2006 17:19:40 +0100

Dear all,

I am working on the conditional logit model to look for the determinants of
multinational's location choice of new firms.Since some observations(new firms)
are much larger than others in terms of emlpoyment level,I am wondering if I can
give weight to each observations based on the number of its employees.That means
I hope large new firms could play more role in the conditoonal logit model than
smaller firms do.I checked manual but am not sure how can I do it.

Should I simply add "[weight=employment]" or "[iweight=employment]" after clogit
command, if "employment" is variable of number of employees?

Thanks!

Kevin in Dublin