Re: st: Books on clustering

From   "Clive Nicholas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Books on clustering
Date   Wed, 4 Oct 2006 02:43:41 +0100 (BST)

Joe Trubisz replied to Michael Blasnik:

> Ah...ok..now I understand.
> I want to identify clusters, hence, I want to do cluster analysis.
> I noticed a book called "Cluster Analysis" on the Stata site.
> Would that be a good accompanying volume?

Hard to say, if you don't tell us who it's by! I can't get to the Stata
site at present, as it's currently down, but I'm assuming this is a book
produced by Stata Press. If so, you're not going to get too many on
Statalist saying that it's _not_ worth buying, but if there are dissenting
voices, they'll be sure to pop up and tell you why it isn't.

Also, it's worth looking at any book about cluster analysis written by
Brian Everitt, one of the technique's foremost experts. A simple Google
search will tell you more.

CLIVE NICHOLAS        |t: 0(044)7903 397793
Politics              |e: [email protected]
Newcastle University  |http://www.ncl.ac.uk/geps

Whereever you go and whatever you do, just remember this. No matter how
many like you, admire you, love you or adore you, the number of people
turning up to your funeral will be largely determined by local weather
conditions.