st: RE: Newton-Raphson method

From   "Maarten Buis" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Newton-Raphson method
Date   Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:21:47 +0200

Babak Oskooei:
the command -ml- maximizes a (likelihood) function with
Newton-Raphson. An excellent desciption on how to use
this set of commands is the book Maximum Likelihood
Estimation with Stata by William Gould, Jeffrey Pitblado,
and William Sribney. It also contains many examples.
You can obtain it from the Stata bookstore.
http://www.stata.com/bookstore/statabooks.html

William Gould, Jeffrey Pitblado, William Sribney  (2006)
"Maximum Likelihood Estimation with Stata", 3rd Edition,
Stata Press.

HTH,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis