RE: st: [merging US industry level data]

From   "White, Justin" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: [merging US industry level data]
Date   Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:17:15 -0400

In this case, this is what I would do:

Create a variable in the Master that would be: State+Year
(AL1970,....,AL2000)

Create the same variable in the Using: State+Year

Be sure to sort each data set by the new variable.

Then merge the two data sets using this new variable.

This should work.  You are correct if you were to append the data, it
would just attach the using data to the Master data.  This data is
structurally different than the NAICS data we were discussing earlier.

Hope this helps.

Justin White