st: Graphing complex sample survey data

From   "Honey, Wayne, DOH" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Graphing complex sample survey data
Date   Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:24:11 -0600

Statalist Members:

Those of you who analyze complex sample data using Stata know that Stata
has specific analytic commands to be used with complex sample data
(svyset; svy: tab; svy: mean; etc.).  I've been reviewing Stata's
graphics capabilities in preparation for writing a new report (I haven't
used Stata's graphics, yet).  It appears that Stata generates graphs
directly, generating means, proportions, etc., at the same time that it
generates the graph (as opposed to using figures from previously
generated tables).  This raises a question that I haven't been able to
answer by reviewing Stata Help, the Stata Survey Data manual, the Stata
Graphics manual, or searching the UCLA Stata website.

I find no reference to a corresponding special set of graphics commands
for use with complex sample data.  In fact, I find no discussions
whatsoever regarding the graphing of complex sample data.  Does anyone
know where one can find information that will settle my concerns that
Stata's graphs will present properly generated proportions, means,
confidence intervals, etc., for complex samples?

Wayne

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including all attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message. -- This email has been scanned by the Sybari - Antigen Email System.