Re: st: Integrating Stata and external text editors

From   "David Elliott" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Integrating Stata and external text editors
Date   Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:42:31 -0300

I appreciate Nick's point and would like to clarify my intent.  I
cannot teach people Notetab use or Notetab programming. There is a
reasonable help file with the program and yahoo groups devoted to
basic [ [email protected] ] and advanced [
[email protected] ] Notetab use.

I expect persons using the clip library to be familiar with how they
are installed and how they work. I am, however, willing to respond to
questions, need for command updates, and other (reasonable) requests
regarding the Stata clip library and will endeavour to keep the file
at the link indicated updated with any corrections/additions.  I won't
leave it an orphan.

In the text editor FAQ Nick references is a section on Notetab written
by Ross Odell, the original author of this clip. [
http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/t/textEditors.html#notetab ]

And finally, Nick, thank you for pointing out that that -egen- needs
updating.  The Stata minions have been very busy in that department, I
have tended to add options as I needed them rather than coding in the
entire list.

DCE