st: RE: Re: diagnostics for the treatreg procedure

Subject   st: RE: Re: diagnostics for the treatreg procedure
Date   Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:39:40 +0100

Rodrigo,

In fact, Yang wanted to do 2-step treatreg because he was following the
method used by an earlier paper.  But the ML overid test is easier to
do.

When you say "two-step IV", do you mean the same thing as two-step
treatreg?  Two-step treatreg uses the assumption of normality in the
probit eqn (just like heckman).

I couldn't see an easy way to do the overid test for two-step treatreg
that doesn't change the nature of the treatreg model.  Simple (two-step)
IV would generate an overid statistic, but that drops the normality
assumption in the treatment equation, which is an identifying
restriction.

Cheers,
Mark