st: diagnostics for the treatreg procedure

Subject   st: diagnostics for the treatreg procedure
Date   Mon, 28 Aug 2006 01:40:15 +0100

Dear Statalisters:

I had the following off-list conversation about how to generate an
overid stat for a treatreg estimation.  It occurred to me that it might
be of general interest, so I'm posting it here.

Both I and my correspondent would be very interested in any comments
other Statalisters might have.

Cheers,
Mark

just-identified
>>>version.
>>>
>>>Using the example from the manual, say you estimate
>>>
>>>treatreg ww wa cit, treat(wc=wmed wfed)
>>>
>>>There's one endogenous variable in the outcome equation, and 4
exclusion
>>>restrictions: wa and cit don't appear in the treatment eqn, and wmed
>>>and wfed don't appear in the outcome equation.  There's also one more
>>>identifying restriction, namely normality in the treatment (probit)
eqn.