RE: st: RE: RE: outreg/estimates type commands for ttest

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: RE: outreg/estimates type commands for ttest
Date   Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:50:45 +0100

I think the problem here is that you are using the Stata Results window,
the Stata Viewer window, and the  Stata -net- command in the Stata
Command window, in combinations that don't work. If you type (in the
Command window)

net from http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/

then my website will appear in the Results window. If you then click on
one of the highlighted web links (stata5, stata6, stata7, stata8,
stata9, papers and usergp) then Stata will open a new Viewer window,
based in the appropriate subfolder (stata5, stata6, stata7, stata8,
stata9, papers or usergp), from which you can -net describe- the various
packages, and then return to the subfolder using the Back button of the
Viewer window. However, if you want to go to another subfolder, then you
must either type (in the Command window) a whole new -net- command, such
as

net from http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/usergp

or, alternatively, close the Viewer window in the first subfolder and
then type (in the Command window) the command

net cd ..

which will return you to the root folder
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/ (visible in the Results
window), from which you may click on another subfolder, which will open
another Viewer window.

A possible fix is to start from the Stata website by typing (in the
Command window)

net from http://www.stata.com/

which will cause the StataCorp website to appear in the Results window.
You can then click on the link "users", which will open a new Viewer
window, in which there will be links to my website and also to a lot of
other users' websites. If you then click on the link to my website, then
the Viewer window (not the Results window) will move to my website, and
the links to my subfolders will be on view. You can then go to any one
of my subfolders, and then return to my main folder using the Back
button of the Viewer window, and then click on a second subfolder,
return to my main folder, click on a third subfolder, etc. (Let me know
if this doesn't work.)

I hope this helps.

Roger

Roger Newson