Re: st: estout: dodgy output in Excel

From   Philipp Rehm <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: estout: dodgy output in Excel
Date   Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:21:21 +0200

You may want to specify that outreg should use brackets [] instead of parentheses (), along the following lines:

outreg using xyz.xls, bracket

HTH,
Philipp

Ramani Gunatilaka wrote:

Terribly sorry, I sent this message earlier but forgot to edit the
subject and it went under another thread. I am fumbling my way around
G-mail, so please bear with me.

R.
Hi all,
I have used estout to tabulate my regression results. I need to get
them into proper tabular form in Times New Roman in Word. Since this
is not possible in Word itself, I opened up the output txt file in
Excel. This process seems to add negative signs on the se's. Here's
what I get:
From the log file:
educyrs 0.030551*** 0.029233***
(0.0019) (0.0017)
techtrain 0.166743*** 0.096932***
(0.0190) (0.0133)
occupexp 0.000783*** 0.000721***
(0.0001) (0.0000)
managerial 1.037468*** 0.745323***
(0.0479) (0.0329)
professional 0.791765*** 0.721798***
(0.0307) (0.0234)

Via Excel:

educyrs 0.030551*** 0.029233***
-0.0019 -0.0017
techtrain 0.166743*** 0.096932***
-0.019 -0.0133
occupexp 0.000783*** 0.000721***
-0.0001 0
managerial 1.037468*** 0.745323***
-0.0479 -0.0329
professional 0.791765*** 0.721798***
-0.0307 -0.0234

Note how Excel removes the brackets and adds a negative sign?

Can someone please help? I would be very grateful.
Best
Ramani