Re: st: RE: Test for choice between IV and OLS estimates inpanel regression

From   <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Test for choice between IV and OLS estimates inpanel regression
Date   Fri, 04 Aug 2006 08:53:25 -0500

Mark,

Thanks very much!
Suryadipta.

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 09:33:23 +0100
 "Schaffer, Mark E" <[email protected]> wrote:
Suryadipta,

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of [email protected]
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 7:27 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Test for choice between IV and OLS estimates in panel regression

Dear Statalist,

I need to choose between IV and OLS estimates in panel regression and was thinking of doing a Hausman test between IV and OLS (using xtivreg and xtreg respectively) and reject the null hypothesis (and choose the IV
estimate) if the p-value of the test comes out to be less than 0.05. I was just wondering if it can be done using xtivreg2. I read the xtivreg2.hlp file but it did not seem to discuss this situation. Your suggestions are highly appreciated.
This is the -endog- option, which appeared in version 1.0.03. If you
have an earlier version, you can do it using the -orthog- option, but
updating is probably easier.

Cheers,
Mark

Prof. Mark E. Schaffer
Director
Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation
Department of Economics
School of Management & Languages
Heriot-Watt University
Edinburgh EH14 4AS UK