st: asmprobit and number of cases

From   John Fulton <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: asmprobit and number of cases
Date   Fri, 21 Jul 2006 16:53:57 -0700

Hi. Does anyone have experience running asmprobit on very large (millions of cases) datasets?
If so, what has your experience been?
What kind of cputime, in general, does asmprobit require?

In my research, I have a fairly small number of variables, but millions of cases and a large number of alternatives.

Thank you,
John.
p.s. I'm resending this because I don't think my subscription was active the first time. Apologies for double posting.
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/