RE: st: Zero Inflated Negative Binomial Model on Panel Data?

From   "b. water" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Zero Inflated Negative Binomial Model on Panel Data?
Date   Tue, 18 Jul 2006 10:08:09 +0000

sandip,

there was a recent thread on "responses to new users" that may be relevant or of note to you to increase the likelihood of having your queries answered.

i used stata 8.2 and had never before had to run zip or zinb but a quick check on [R] did not show random effects option, unless it was built-in into the command itself.

but "I was wondering if it was possible to run a zero inflated negative binomial model on panel data with a random effects specification." would come under "why not just run it on your panel data and post the lists the outputs/problems along with your queries" response. i am almost certain that would elicit more response than the rather broad "Any comments or suggestions..."

perhaps then experienced listers can better advice you either with a work-around or better model specifications etc to help you.

best wishes,
bw

> Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 09:46:38 -0700
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: st: Zero Inflated Negative Binomial Model on Panel Data?
>
> Hi all,
>
> I posted this enquiry about a week back but did not get any response. Hoping for better luck this time. I was wondering if it was possible to run a zero inflated negative binomial model on panel data with a random effects specification. I tried the "zinb" command but did not get it to consider group effects. Any comments or suggestions will be really appreciated.
>
> Cheers, Sandip
>
> Sandip Basu
> Department of Management
> University of Washington

Try Live.com: where your online world comes together - with news, sports, weather, and much more.
http://www.live.com/getstarted