st: Tabcount function

From   "Urvi Shah" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Tabcount function
Date   Mon, 3 Jul 2006 15:44:13 +0100

Dear All

I am trying to use the tabcount function to produce a summary of means and
medians for my data.

This works:

mydate is the month of recruitment
site is the centre where patients are recruited
556 - may 06
558 - july 06

tabcount mydate site,  v1(556/558) v2(1/15) replace freq(tot_rand) zero

table site, c(sum tot_rand mean tot_rand median tot_rand )

However, I want someone else to run this as a report on a regular basis and
I want to change the value list such that it either prompts the user to
specify the maxium range for v1 or use a pre-defined value  instead of hard
coding it into the program. I know I can't use the statement below.

tabcount mydate site,  v1(556/target_date) v2(1/15) replace freq(tot_rand)
zero

Can anyone help me on this.

Many Thanks

Urvi