Re: st: RE: Quick Question on how to drop individualobservations

From   JEFFREY ROSEN <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Quick Question on how to drop individualobservations
Date   Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:01:09 -0400

Thanks for the reply. This is exactly what I needed. I have one more slightly related question.

Suppose I have a data set such as:

obs 1 hhold 1 rd 1 income 5
obs 2 hhold 1 rd 2 income 10
obs 3 hhold 1 rd 3 income 6
obs 4 hhold 2 rd 1 income 10
obs 5 hhold 2 rd 2 income 10
obs 5 hhold 2 rd 3 income 12

I want to find the change in income across each round.

So, I would like to create a variable incomedifference
where:

obs 1: incomedifference = 0
obs 2: incomedifference = 5 (10 - 5 = 5)
obs 3: incomedifference = -4 (6 - 10 = -4)
obs 4: incomedifference = 0
obs 5: incomedifference = 0
obs 6: incomedifference = 2

Thanks in advance,