RE: st: How to assign value labels to several variables at once?

From   "Thuy Le" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: How to assign value labels to several variables at once?
Date   Sun, 11 Jun 2006 23:17:33 -0400

Hi,

You should check the foreach command again. Suppose you have defined the
label as EXPlabel, here is the program code that you need to copy and paste
into your do-file editor, save it and run from there:

local vars q33cmplx q33time q33satis
foreach v of local vars {
label values `v' EXPlabel
}

Thuy
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of buddyb
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 10:45 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: How to assign value labels to several variables at once?

Hi Neil, and thanks for your help...Using Joseph's syntax....

. for each var of varlist  q33cmplx  q33time  q33satis { I get incorrect
syntax....

invalid syntax
r(198);

Using the other example:

. local vars " q33cmplx q33time q33satis"

. foreach v of local var {
  2. label values `v' EXPlabel
  3. }

I don't get an error message, but my values are not labeled.  I am checking
the programming, user's guide, etc....but there is not an example of
labeling multiple variables with the same value.

Anyways, any help you can offer is appreciated.

Thanks,
Buddy