st: micombine with svy commands

From   ROBERT BOZICK <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: micombine with svy commands
Date   Thu, 08 Jun 2006 22:49:26 -0400

Hello,

I am working on an analysis with a sample that was drawn using a stratified cluster design.  Therefore, I have to use the survey commands (svy) to set the proper analytic weight, strata, and primary sampling unit. I also need to use the subpop command to ensure that the standard errors are estimated correctly. Specifically, I am estimating a series of logistic regression equations.

Ex:

svylogit y x1 x2 x3, subpop(samp) or

I just recently learned how to impute missing data using the ice command.  Once I impute the missing values  to create five imputed data sets (m = 5), I try to estimate my model using the micombine feature:

micombine svylogit y x1 x2 x3, subpop(samp) or

I receive the warning:

Warning: svylogit is not a certified regression command for micombine.
micombine will continue mechanically, but correct results are not guaranteed.
You must take responsibility that Rubin's rules are appropriate here.

I assume from this message that micombine cannot handle survey commands (yet) in Stata.  I am using version 8.0.

Is there a way to estimate my model correctly with the survey commands and subpop statement simultaneously on all five imputed data sets?  Or do I need to estimate the models separately on each data set and pool the estimates by hand?

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!
Robert