st: RE: Re: Endogenous right hand side variable

From   "Anderson, Bradley J" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: Endogenous right hand side variable
Date   Tue, 6 Jun 2006 12:19:33 -0400

MPlus is another package that handles censored or truncated endogenous
variables in a multiple equation framework.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Rodrigo A.
Alfaro
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 10:44 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Re: Endogenous right hand side variable

Dear Kathleen,

I don't know if there is procedure in Stata for this model. The model sounds

interesting, maybe there is some code in Gauss, Matlab or R.

An alternative solution if to estimate the entire problem in a joint
framework. You could write down the likelihood for this problem and solve it

using -ml- procedures in Stata. The book of Gould "MLE with Stata" could
help you in this matter.

Rodrigo.