Re: st: -streg- & equality of coefficients across independent areas

Subject   Re: st: -streg- & equality of coefficients across independent areas
Date   Tue, 6 Jun 2006 00:21:09 -0400

Priscila--

I don't use -streg- myself, so I can't speak to any tricks you might
be able to use to run the test you have in mind without running the
model with a dummy and interactions on the union of the two samples.
But I will note that the help file for -streg- specifies
  maximize_options; ...
       from(init_specs);
(see -help maximize-), so you could specify an initial parameter
vector that allows your regression to iterate only once (or close to
it), given that you have run the regression on both samples
successfully, and can therefore specify the maximum-likelihood
parameter vector.  You could -set trace on- to see what the program is
doing if you are concerned that it is taking too long, though that
requires you stop it working and then restart it, of course.

--Austin