st: two wishes

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: two wishes
Date   Tue, 23 May 2006 07:07:59 -0400

Ada wrote

Then I have two newer Windows XP computers which wouldn't swap. One
is a laptop with 1GB RAM, I can only set mem 900m when I have shut
down almost everything that can possibly be shut down. And 900m is
the max I can do. Another is a oldish desktop (may be 2 yr old)
physically it has 3GB RAM and I can only set mem 1200m tops.

It is the oldest computer amongst the 3 I've got that can do the
swapping, is there anything I can do to the two new ones to get them
to swap too?

Partition the hard drive and install Linux. Then swapping will work perfectly (and more efficiently than Windows XP).

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html

*
* For searches and help try: