st: RE: Endogeneity Tests for Count Data

From   "Jun S Kang" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Endogeneity Tests for Count Data
Date   Wed, 17 May 2006 09:52:18 -0500

Nichols, thank you for your suggestions. Following your tips, I've read the
chapter of Wooldridge (2002). However, I have some questions about the
procedure.

First, I have more than one policy variables which are suspected to be
endogenous. Let's say that I have three policy variables P1, P2 and P3. And,
these policy variables are not continuous variables but dummy variables.
Then, is it just ok to conduct the procedure to test the endogeneity of
these variables as follows?

.logit P1 X Z
.predict vhat1, resid
.logit P2 X Z
.predict vhat2, resid
.logit P3 X Z
.predict vhat3, resid
.poisson NF P1 P2 P3 X vhat1 vhat2 vhat3 .test vhat1 vhat2 vhat3

And, I'm also suspecting that there is serious heteroskedasticity since the
data is cross-country data. Is it ok to combine <robust> command of STATA
with the procedure to address the heteroskedasticity problem?

Thank you so much!

Jun